I spent the weekend catching my breath after an exciting Emerson Exchange conference last week. I thought I’d give you a roundup on all the news I could find.
First, the real-time Twitter feed on the tag, #EMRex we established seems to be a great success. Here’s an archive in three parts of the tweets during the event (part 1, part 2, and part 3). The Read-out Instrumentation Signpost blog has a great recap and captured these Twitter stats (originally developed by Emerson’s Aaron Crews):
99 active participants
The long tail (bottom 80%) of twitter users accounted for more than 30% of the total volume.
If you have a Twitter account and want to follow the folks that made these numbers a reality, visit the Emerson Exchange group in TweepML.
The ControlGlobal.com Emerson Global Users Exchange micro site provided a roundup of the big news and sent out daily email newsletters:
- September 28 (print, email)
- September 29 (print, email)
- September 30 (print, email)
- October 1 (print, email)
- October 2 (print)
The following press releases and pictures were issued during the Emerson Exchange:
- Emerson introduces the DeltaV™ S-series platform with “I/O on Demand” that eliminates work, reduces project cost, and increases operational flexibility
- Emerson forms Human Centered Design Institute to drive Ease of Use into new product development
- Emerson announces winners and recognizes all finalists of 2009 Smart Wireless Innovators Contest
- Emerson unveils full redundancy for Smart Wireless monitoring and control applications, furthers wireless adoption on all capital projects
- Emerson and Meridium combine their asset management expertise to create valuable new capabilities
Here’s more great coverage by members of the trade press and blogging community:
- ControlDoctors.com blog
- Process Control Musings blog
- Flow Control Network- Emerson Vows to Make Automation Easier
- Gary Mintchell’s Feed Forward
- Greg Hale’s Talk to Me blog- New DeltaV, new processes at Emerson, Emerson’s new DeltaV, Emerson product development: It’s all about ease of use
Now you know why it took me a few days to catch my breath!
Update: Gary Mintchell, on his Feed Forward blog, just posted his podcast interview on the DeltaV S-series release () with DeltaV product marketing director, Dave Deitz.
Update 2: For those with subscriptions to Andrew Bond’s Industrial Automation Insider newsletter, he has a great summary in the October 2009 edition.