When you leverage the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), with the newest technologies like Emerson’s cloud-based platform with software as a service, automation, and our experts to expand, help you plan or prepare for your operations to be more productive, more profitable and more sustainable through digital intelligence. These technologies enable your workforce to augment workflows and processes to create new efficiencies and competencies that bring several positive cultural and behavioral changes in your organization.
You and your people receive automatic, seamless updates that provide the highest return, a secure ‘evergreen’ platform and widespread adoption in the integration of equipment and systems that leverage IIoT to enhance your operational performance and drive profitable results. You can accomplish this with Emerson’s Zedi Cloud SCADA Solutions that help and guide manufacturers and producers through their digital transformation initiatives.
Digital Transformation happens when…
Technology in and of itself is not transformational, but when it is combined with expertise to bring about changes in people, processes, and business, it can help facilitate your organizational digital transformation. For example, implementing a well-designed digital transformation strategy enables a reduction in operating expenses through the use of digital technology, cloud SCADA, data analytics and optimization algorithms by redefining production operations procedures, reducing overall operating costs, and increasing safety and production—all while setting you and your organization up for long-term sustainable growth.
When the Emerson team works with you towards the digital transformation of your operations, we collaborate on a five-step process that helps create a Digital Transformation Roadmap for your business.
Digital Transformation Roadmap
- Discovery Stage – From the very beginning of helping you create a successful digital transformation roadmap and strategy, the project team seeks to learn all about your company’s business operations, what keeps you awake at night and how we can help you drive short and long terms gains through automation technology.
- Existing Business Processes – Together we explore current business processes to determine potential areas of improvement. Through digital transformation initiatives, companies can effectively accelerate, institutionalize, and sustain new work processes. This means effectively combining strategies, processes, tools and expertise to simplify and accelerate the institutionalization of operational best practices.
- People – An inventory of your workforce’s current skills and capabilities of technology is explored to determine what training will be needed to realize the strongest return on your investment. It’s essential to ensure that personnel have access to training in flexible formats to increase proficiency with the technology and processes with which they interact daily. This means adopting approaches that empower your workers to acquire knowledge and experience faster and more effectively to support collaborative, and digital decision-making.
- Data – To improve, you first need data to measure performance. The project team looks at current technology used for data acquisition, what data sets are available, and what are is being done with it. This process helps determine if data is telling enough about your business and where improvements can be made, and in capturing the required data to make effective decisions. Often, by adding Emerson sensor technologies, companies can quickly and cost-effectively access relevant-time data about operational domains such as safety, reliability, optimization, emissions and energy.
- Short-term and Long-term goals – Finally, by reviewing both your short-and long-term visions, prioritization can be established. The short-term goals could be to position your company as a low-cost and efficient operations to make it attractive to investors and the long-term goals might be continuous improvements in operating costs and/or production optimization.
Organizational goals could be from a time point of view, such as optimizing your assets or from a financial point of view, organic growth, or inorganic through mergers and acquisitions. Once you have an overview of your operations today, and your vision for tomorrow, Emerson’s Professional Service Team is available to help you develop a Digital Transformation Roadmap and Investment Prioritization Plan to help you succeed in driving business performance improvements to achieve your short- and long-term goals.