Without fail, cybersecurity continues to make headlines. News about data breaches, password protection, identify theft, hacks and viruses are so prevalent, it’s easy to feel security fatigue. It can also seem overwhelming to stand vigilant for cyber threats at all times.
Have you made the appropriate software updates? Do you adhere to all security and privacy policies your company has in place? What have you done to become less vulnerable to attacks? A breach in your control system security can lead to lost production, equipment damage, information theft and/ or safety incidents. Therefore, it’s imperative to have a strategy in place to protect your system.
As cybersecurity needs evolve and mature, new technologies are available to strengthen the protection of your critical infrastructure with an integrated suite of Intel Security (McAfee) solutions for DeltaV systems. The Emerson Lifecycle Services team provides services and products designed to help safeguard important assets and data.You can learn about the newest cybersecurity solutions during the next sessions in the DeltaV Customer Webinar Series, which takes place Oct. 11-13. Four sessions will be held at different times to accommodate DeltaV users around the world. These webinars will feature a presentation by Lifecycle Services Program Manager Ben Jackman and DeltaV Product Marketing Manager Alexandre Peixoto.
During the webinar, you will learn about cybersecurity planning and implementation practices such as:
- Protecting the system from known and unknown threats
- Increasing security intelligence and awareness
- Applying defense-in-depth principles
- Aligning with emerging industry standards
We’ll also discuss cybersecurity throughout the Emerson Global Users Exchange, happening Oct. 24-28 in Austin, Texas. In addition to hosting a cybersecurity exhibit, Emerson cybersecurity experts will give three different presentations on the topic of cybersecurity:
- 6-9615 — DeltaV Cybersecurity Services Update
- 3-9749 — DeltaV Cybersecurity Primer
- TR-11293 — Cybersecurity Roundtable
If you can’t make it to Emerson Exchange, please visit our website to learn more about cybersecurity solutions for DeltaV systems. We show how the collaboration with McAfee strengthens the integrated cybersecurity solution in the DeltaV distributed control system to help meet the ever-growing threats and new standards. This level of integration leads to more improvements in protection, intelligence and response. This strategic relationship with McAfee also reinforces Emerson’s commitment to protecting infrastructure throughout the plant lifecycle and addresses the demand for consistent, proven industrial cybersecurity.
Emerson’s cybersecurity solutions, which hardens endpoints and improves security visibility — as well as the availability and reliability of your DeltaV system — include the following Lifecycle Services:
- Endpoint Security for DeltaV Systems is a centrally-managed antivirus solution that provides the essential malware protection you need to combat today’s evolving and sophisticated malware threats.
- Application Whitelisting for DeltaV Systems delivers a dynamic whitelisting solution that blocks unauthorized executables on servers and workstations.
- Network Security Monitor (NSM) for DeltaV Systems monitors the traffic on your DeltaV Area Control Network to identify suspicious content, malicious activity, and anomalies.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) for DeltaV Systems collects, stores, and correlates events and logs from your DeltaV system, including Windows® operating system and network devices.
- Basic, Advanced and Onsite Cybersecurity Assessments
provide expert consultation and assistance with evaluation, testing, and implementation support.
- Automated and Local Patch Management Services establish a proactive strategy for antivirus signature updates, operating system patches, and DeltaV hotfixes.
Through Emerson’s global network of experts, we follow “defense in depth” layered security practices, which means we help you comply with emerging cybersecurity standards and combat new, emerging, and complex threats. We continue to expand our offerings to deliver enhanced control system protection. And this means you get to experience increased protection without sacrificing availability.
From Jim: You can connect and interact with other cybersecurity experts in the Operate & Maintain group in the Emerson Exchange 365 community.